Sockeye's Talent Manager is an integral part of the agency's day-to-day and overall success. The Talent Manager is responsible for internally resourcing the creative team, recruiting new staff members for open positions, continually meeting with possible candidates for positions across the agency, maintaining our talent database, and working closely with leadership to bring in good people who want to work on great projects.
- Manage internal resourcing for our creative team.
- Manage and maintaining our freelance/talent database.
- Network with the creative community.
- Perform meet-ups with potential candidates, interns, freelancers, etc.
- Work with the video production team to find resources specific to their needs.
- Meet bi-weekly with production team regarding resourcing and recruiting.
- Filter and vet all emails/phone calls regarding job opportunities at Sockeye.
- Work with hiring managers to recruit candidates for open positions within the agency.
- Manage the hiring process alongside of hiring managers and the studio manager.
- Continue to make the resourcing/recruiting process more efficient and organized.
- Reach out to freelancers when needed to check interest/availability on specific projects.
- Manage onboarding process of new hires alongside of the hiring manager.
- Manage exit process for any staff member who is leaving.
- Meet weekly with our Executive Creative Director regarding the creative team and any resourcing needs.
- Identify and problem solve resourcing/workload issues when they arise.
- Work to develop and support the studio's internal culture efforts.
- Assist with HR best practices.
- 2-3 years of experience within a creative agency
- Enjoys being around and working with people
- Has a positive attitude, even under high-pressure situations
- Must understand, love, and be able to represent the Sockeye brand
- Be organized and able to maintain a database of information
- Team player and clear communicator
- HR experience is a plus!
- Sense of humor required
Send us a short, simple email with your contact information and an attached resume and cover Letter to with the words "Talent Manager Application - First Name, Last Name" in the subject. No calls or drop-ins. Passion matters.
- Share This