The Account Producer handles overall management and thoughtful growth of key account relationships. They coordinate the resources needed to create and produce projects and balance the expectations of the client. They will ensure the smooth production of content – from briefing teams to managing budgets to delivering work on time.
Overview of Responsibilities
Projects could include social media content, video and commercial projects including typical live-action production, editorial production, motion graphic and animation production and hybrid projects. The Account Producer serves as a leader on various projects, interfacing daily with in-house and freelance creative and production staff and clients. The Account Producer will exhibit storytelling skills, an ability to develop and manage production budgets and a solid understanding of the creative process—from creative development through production and delivery.
The Account Producer will manage the client communication, manage expectations as well as oversee creative and production of their video projects.
In your role, you will:
- Ensure good communication between the account team, creative team, vendor and freelance partners during all phases of the assigned projects. This includes leading the weekly project meetings, executive briefings and facilitating other regularly scheduled, milestone and as-needed meetings.
- Manage project list and workflow using web-based project management tools to schedule meetings, estimate projects, and update status information.
- Work with and communicate with the client to ensure project success.
- Work directly with Sockeye's motion/video staff and teams, to provide seamless integration with the client as needed.
- Own the creative and financial success of specific account video projects.
- Develop and manage estimates and production schedules for assigned projects to ensure timely, efficient and profitable completion of projects.
- Generate estimates for all projects, submit and follow up to generate purchase orders.
- Generate monthly reports for client’s procurement group in alignment with our contract/agreement.
- Communicate with and advise the Executive Producer when additional production resources are necessary to meet work volume, or to better match skills or experience to project types for quality purposes.
- Learn, follow and execute Sockeye’s procedures in generating POs, processing invoices, generating financial reports and any other related financial needs.
- Stay abreast of emerging technological and media developments to keep Sockeye on current trends.
- Identify and engage appropriate freelance/outside resources (i.e. traditional designers, writers, illustrators, photographers, project and production managers, post producers, editors, animators, MGFX designers); negotiate terms of engagement and complete appropriate documentation.
- Act as main client contact on most projects.
- Build and manage budgets and timelines.
- Offer strategic/creative insights when appropriate.
- Produce video projects on time and on budget, from concept to delivery.
- Manage freelance resources and internal teams.
- Assign projects to resources, internal and external.
- Recruit and manage contract (freelance) resources (designers, writers, illustrators, photographers, producers, post-producers, animators, editors and motion graphics designers.) negotiate terms of engagement.
- Approve vendor and contractor invoices.
- Assure quality of traditional and digital projects.
- Oversee the monthly retainer reporting and estimate submission and PO collection of all client projects.
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- A background in advertising, digital, design, marketing or production
- The ability to work with clients at a senior level
- A confident approach to creative projects
- Sport brand and culture experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budget management
- Full awareness of creative and production processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- A proven track record of growing business
- Strong management skills
If you're interested, send your resume and cover letter to with the words 'Account Producer' in the subject. No calls or drop-ins. Thanks for your interest in Sockeye. Cheers!
- Share This